Standing Rib Roast+
Baby Back Barbecue Ribs+
Simply the Best Baby Back Ribs+
Simply the Best Baby Back Ribsclose
Simply the Best Baby Back Ribs: Place a frozen rack of baby back ribs in a crockpot. Pour in a can of coca cola. Cook ribs on low for 6 hours. Remove from crockpot and place on grill to quickly char. Slather on your favorite barbeque sauce....ENJOY! Tender, simple and delicious!
Submit your Recipe
Standing Rib Roast
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (7 pound) standing beef rib roast from Wilkes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
Combine lemon pepper, paprika, garlic salt, rosemary and cayenne pepper; rub over roast. Place roast with fat side up in a large roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F until roast reaches desired doneness. Allow 25-27 minutes per pound for medium-rare (145 degrees F on thermometer), 27-30 minutes for medium (160 degrees F) and 32-35 minutes for well done (170 degrees F). Remove to serving platter and keep warm. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Pour meat juices from roasting pan into a glass measuring cup; skim off fat. Add boiling water and bouillon to roasting pan and stir to remove drippings. Stir in meat juices. Serve with the roast.
Baby Back Barbecue Ribs
- 2 1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving size pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Place the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, onion, celery, 1 teaspoon garlic and peppercorns. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, plum sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove ribs. Discard cooking juices and vegetables.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Brush ribs with sauce. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining sauce.
Simply the Best Baby Back Ribs
- 1 cup mustard
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups apple juice (Motts)
- Approx 1 cup of apple cider vinegar ( more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- Black pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Mix above well
- One ten (10) pound boston butt pork roast
Place butt (the one you bought) in large mixing bowl or large stock pot. Pour marinade over pork till it is nearly covered or is covered depending on size of pot. If pork is not covered then turn over in pot half way thru the soak. Let soak for 12 to 18 hours in fridge. Pull meat out and let it drain on a turkey rack over a pan. After about 10 minutes it should stop dripping. Place on lump charcoal grill (Big green egg is the best in the world) on indirect heat. Set temp at 225 degrees. Place tray with water under meat to help with moisture content of the meat and to keep drippings from getting allover the place. Let the meat cook for approx. 15 hours. If size of roast varies then remember 1-1/2 hours per pound at 225 degrees. Baste if you want...probably necessary if you are not using the big green egg. If using an egg then you dont have to if you dont want to... that thing keeps tons of moisture in the meat. Once internal temp of the meat reaches 185 degrees it is ready. Take off the grill and pull that baby apart. Life is good.